WHAT WE DO
The Animal Defense Coalition 501(c)(4) is a lobbying and animal advocacy organization.
- We introduce animal welfare legislation
- Enforcement of existing legislation
- Any combination of the above
We work with lawmakers in ways that will bring about policy changes to end animal cruelty through education, outreach, and advocacy.
We network with grassroots activists and other national animal welfare organizations to utilize all resources which help to move our initiatives.
Some of our past achievements:
- Help to pass ordinances that ban the use of billhooks and other painful devices in the circus
- Pass ordinances that would allow sick service animals and their guardians to receive emergency veterinarian care assisted by our first responders
- Advocate for greyhound decoupling
- Advocate for county animal shelters to reach a 90% save rate or higher